Tuesday, October 18, 2011

6 Months Old

October 13, 2011

Sadie you are 6 months old.

You are currently closer to turning one than you are to the day you were born.

*cue ugly cry*
I've spent a lot time lately looking at all your newborn pictures because you hardly look anything like you used to.


Here you are at 1, 3, and 6 months.My, my, how you've changed.

You had your 6 month appointment today and you weighed 17.6 pounds (75%) and were only 25" (25%). At your last two visits you've been in the lower range for height. I guess all that growth early on has slowed down. The pediatrician isn't worried since clearly you aren't malnourished.


You wear size 2 diapers.

You mostly wear size 3-6 month and size 6 month clothes.

You take 5 bottles a day and each are 5 ounces.

You eat cereal and fruit in the morning and vegetables and fruit for dinner.

You eat Mum-Mums for snacks and you play with Puffs. You aren't too sure about them yet but they make great toys.

You get water/juice every day and you love it.

Your doctor said to stop taking Zantac because it appears your reflux might be better.


You are still "teething". You have episodes that are clearly teething related but still no sign of a single tooth. Where are they??


You still go to bed around 7 or 7:30 and wake up around 7. Some mornings recently you've been up around 6:30 but luckily you just play/talk until it is time to get up. You aren't the best napper. You only take a 30 minute nap at school, you sometimes take a 45 minute nap right after school then you go down for 1.5 to 2 hours after your 1pm feeding.



You're such a big girl. You can sit up by yourself but I don't trust you completely so I always make sure you have cushion for your falls.


You love to roll around on the floor. You're very frustrated that you aren't mobile yet, especially when a toy is out of reach, but you'll get there. I'm certainly not going to push it.


You've started sleeping on your tummy some and I don't like it at all. You prefer to sleep on your back but at times you flip over and then get so tired you don't have the energy to roll back the other way.


You laugh and giggle all the time and I love it. When you really get going you shake your head from side to side.
You love your jumperoo, playing on the floor and being in the Jeep and watching TV on your "recliner"at Jules and Big D's house.


You want to grab and play with everything in front of you.


You still sit in your swing almost everyday.


You LOVE when people sing to you.


Last weekend you sat in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time. You looked so old.


Sadie, you are such a good baby. You still only get really fussy when you're tired. You are getting a little more of an attitude when it comes to toys and things but you're still very sweet.
You are so much fun to be around. I love spending most of my time with you because you're constantly learning and doing new things. Some days I feel like my heart my burst because I love you so much. You're so special and your daddy and I think you're the cutest baby in the world. We love you, Little Sadie Lady.

4 comments:

Lacy said...

She is just the cutest.. I'm so glad to hear the doctor thinks her reflux is gone.. How wonderful.. Will she still need a special formula?

Cindy said...

Sweet post. I have J&Rs written but no pictures yet. They have been fussy when I get home from work so hopefully this weekend. I am glad her reflux is getting better unfortunately I think Js is getting worse-we are trying prevacid now but not sure that is any better. Happy 6 month Sadie. April 13th was such an amazing day for us all!!!!

Rebekah said...

Sadie is just so so cute! Love that little smile! I can't believe she is 6 months old!

Kristen and Sebastian said...

I love these pics! Sadie's clothes are just adroable. Do you mind if I ask where you shop? My little girl just turned 4 months and I always love to get clothing ideas from you!