Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jesus Loves The Little Children

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world.


Earlier this week a friend on
Twitter posted a link. I don't always click things I see on
Twitter but I I clicked the one she posted.

Wow.

After reading and seeing what I saw I had no words.

I still don't know what to say.

Here's the website.

Please read and pray for all the children of the world. So many babies are aborted, abandoned, abused, neglected, and so on. Orphanages are filled with children who have been deemed unwanted and unworthy.

I've always been touched by stories like this but after having a baby of my own it takes it to a new level.

All babies come into this world the same way. It doesn't matter if they are red and yellow, black and white, they all arrive completely vulnerable and completely dependent. They need love, food, warmth, comfort, protection, and so many other things they can't give themselves. Unfortunately not all babies receive these things from the ones responsible for them.

I tell Sadie all the time that not all babies are loved and cared for like she is. That's certainly true but something more important is true as well. JESUS loves the little children. ALL the children of the world.

Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:13-14

0 comments: