Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Two Months

Monday, June 13, 2011


Sadie you are TWO MONTHS OLD. That is unbelievable. I think I will say that every month/year. You have grown so much this month.





You weigh 11 pounds and 10 ounces. You've gained exactly 2 pounds in a month. You are in the 69% range for weight. You are 23 1/2 inches long which means you've grown two inches. That puts you in the 89% range for height. You're my tall girl. And your head is in the 89% range as well. That's fine just as long as you can still wear your cute head bands.

You wear size 0-3 month and 3 month clothes. The 0-3 month fit you better right now but that's only a matter of time. You wear size one diapers but they seem so big on you.



You generally sleep from about 10:30 or 11:00pm to 7:00 or 7:30am. Sometimes you'll wake up in the night but a diaper change and/or re-swaddle usually does the trick. You sleep in your crib and have done that since you were 5 weeks old. You LOVE your room so it makes naps and bedtime a lot easier. It normally doesn't take you long to fall asleep. Your "cry it out episodes" are very short and you usually fall asleep mid-cry.


You have also done a lot better this month with eat/play/sleep. You normally stay awake just like you're supposed to. This has really helped you get and stay on a good schedule.

You are on Nutramigen formula which is a total bummer because it is expensive. I'm not really sure it helps all that much but I think it does some. Your real problem right now is reflux. You take Zantac to help the pain. Sometimes I think it helps and other times I'm not so sure.

You're such a big girl now. You like to hold your head up when we carry and hold you. It makes mommy a little sad that you don't like to lay your head on my shoulder anymore.

You also like to stand up. Your legs are so strong and you can stay like this for a long time without them buckling. Please stop growing up so fast.

You smile, laugh, and talk ALL the time. You still get upset when you're hungry, tired, or your reflux hurts you but other than that you are very happy.

Most of your fussy episodes are short lived because they are easily fixed. Your mommy and daddy are thankful to have a happy baby. Some things that soothe you now are your paci, a bath, Praise Baby, and just being in your room.



You're very social. You've been on several small trips to see your family and friends and you've had more visitors come to see you. You are so good when we take you out. You hardly every cry or get fussy.


You've been to the church nursery twice already. Both times mommy was in there too. It's going to take me a little to be ready to leave you in there without me. I'm getting there though.



Sadie, you do something new every day which makes being around you so much fun. I love when it is time to get you from your crib because you just smile and stretch. A lot of times your daddy and I like to go in there together because neither one of us wants to miss out on your cuteness. You bring so much joy to our lives. I can't even imagine what life was like before you were here. I'm sad that you're growing so fast so I want to make sure and savor every moment and every day. I know this next month will bring lots more changes with it. Your daddy and I love you more today than yesterday!





12 comments:

Ashley said...

She is sooooo cute and sweet! I WANT TO MEET HER!! I need to kiss those cheeks one day. I love those pictures of her fussy faces. You will smile and laugh at those forever! I need to take some of David crying. That needs to be documented. Ha!

Jen said...

She is so adorable! I think it's so interesting, I have a 6 month old and we have that exact pink bubble as well as the same monthly stickers that Sadie does!

My Laney Grace also had terrible reflux, was on Zantac and is still on Alimentum. I wanted to let you know that it took a month for the Zantac to really kick in so don't lose hope! Sadie will get there and be the content happy girl she's meant to be.

Megan said...

Gosh she is So stinking cute!! I always love her adorable outfits!!

Brittany..Following my Bliss said...

I know I've said it before but she is just a doll. I love seeing pictures of her, she makes me smile. I can't wait to be a grandma... I say that cuz I definitely don't want another baby at my age... but my oldest is only turning 18 so I think I'll have to wait on my baby fix for a while longer! lol

Unknown said...

Visiting from Kelly's Korner! Your sweet little girl is insanely cute! Really!
Also two of my children started out on Zantac for reflux and after about 3 weeks on it we changed it and put them on Prevacid. It was like a miracle drug! Good luck with it!

Jennifer said...

We too had our little one on Prevacid instead of Zantac. It seemed to help some. Also, I have heard of taking them to a chiropractor to help with reflux. When I heard about this my little one was already passed the stage of spitting up everything. I think Jenna from Jenna's Journey blog did this with her littlest one and it helped him.

Lauren said...

Oh Hillary, Sadie is just so incredibly precious!! Can’t believe she’s already two months!!!!!!

Jenna said...

2 months old and already a complete overachiever in the cute department!!! Love ya'll!

Unknown said...

Is it so wrong of me to say that Sadie is the cutest baby I have ever seen, especially in the picture with her in her pink outfit where she is about to tear up? She is SO adorable! :)
Kelly F.

Odie Boggs said...

Sooooo Cute! Great pictures!!!

Odie
www.boggsblogs.com

Ashley E. said...

Oh Sadie...you are SO sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Leah said...

Hillary-I know you don't know me at all, but I've been stalking your blog a lot lately. Joyce and Taylor are dear friends of mine (worked with Joyce at JOKMS before my hubby and I moved away) AND my daughter, Arden, was born the exact same day as Sadie! She is my second, but I've had fun coming over to your blog comparing stats and such. I took her today for her 2 month visit. She weighed 11 pounds, 10 ounces and was 24 inches! Too funny! Sadie is BEAUTIFUL and I know you couldn't be more proud!