Thursday, March 31, 2011

Turtles

After I posted about my hostess gifts I had several people ask me for the recipe for the turtles.


They are REALLY yummy so I wouldn't dream of keeping the recipe from you. It actually came from my mom's friend Dianne. She and my mom have made lots of these for different occassions.


Turtles


1 bag caramels


1 stick butter


3 cups pecans, chopped


1 large Hershey bar (the big ones not the normal candy bar size)


1/4 stick paraffin


Melt butter, add caramels and melt. Stir in pecans. Drop by teaspoon on waxed paper. Cool. Melt Hershey bar and parraffin on top of stove or in microwave. Dip candy into chocolate. Cool.


These are great made ahead of time and then frozen. I hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

Jill said...

How easy is that!?? And they are so pretty too!

Tricia Nae said...

looks yummy!! and...you know...not so ww friendly. ha.

Rebekah said...

Yum. Yum. Yum! I want one right now! My mom makes those at Christmas but I have never thought of them for gifts! They look so cute in the box with Sadie's monogram!!! Great idea! You look great, by the way!

Katie said...

I want some NOW, please! Does your mom do orders? ;) Those were amazing!! Thanks for the recipe.

Leah said...

I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at those. Haha! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Emily said...

From a health perspective, I would not recommend ingesting paraffin and can't imagine it would be necessary for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Those look awesome. Do you know where the boxes came from? These would be perfect to do for my hostess gifts, but I'm not sure about the packaging. Do you know where I can get the boxes?