Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Things To Do

Well, folks, I've got 6 weeks and 3 days until my due date and I have lots to do. In fact I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed. I'm even taking a day off from work soon to try and get a few things accomplished.

1. Finish taxes: obviously this is important. I have no idea what kind of refund we'll get but whatever it is it's to help while I'm on maternity leave so I need to know soon. I wish they were already finished.

2. Finish Sadie's Bedding: oh dear! This bedding is about to do me in. I knew minky would be tough to sew with, especially the "pattern" I'm using but it has frustrated me beyond belief. It moves and stretches so much it's ridiculous. The next child is getting fluffy bumpers and no minky.

3. Finish wedding photo album: yes we've been married 2 and a half years and yes I still haven't picked out all my pictures for the album. Don't judge. I'm almost finished picking them out and I need it all ready to go before S gets here.

4. Make a liner for Sadie's Easter basket. I'd really like to have this finished before she gets here since I'm hopeful it will be before Easter. At this point who knows if I will have the time or energy.

5. Thank you notes: yikes! I'm sooooo thankful and blessed for the wonderful things peope are doing for us and I want so badly to quickly write a thank you note. Unfortunately carpal tunnel doesn't make it easy. I'm working on them though.

6. Pack apartment: that's right we're moving...about a week after S's due date. How's that for timing?! During the packing process I'd really like to simplify and get things ready for a yard sale. Less stuff and more money sounds like a good deal to me.

7. Clean apartment. The problem with moving is you really have to clean and make perfect. I'm too pregnant to clean and make perfect so this should be interesting. I hope when it comes time to scrub the bathrooms and floors it doesn't put me in labor.

8. Read. I have got to start reading baby books so I will have some clue as what I'm doing. I know a lot of it you make up as you go along but I'd still like to feel like I'm somewhat. prepared.

9. Wash and orgsnize Sadie's clothes, etc. Since we might be living out of boxes for a couple of weeks I'd at least like to have her things ready to go.

10. Meal plan. I'd really like to have some idea of what Josh and I will eat the first few weeks so we don't blow our budget on fast food and eating out.

Well I guess that will do it for now. I'm sure there are things I left off but at least with this list I can look back and see what I actually accomplished.



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so impressed that you are making her bedding!

And...we didn't get our wedding album finished until about 2 1/2 years after our wedding also.

Natalia said...

I've been married for 2.5 years too, and still haven't gotten my wedding album together :-/ When I was a child, I remember going through my mom's album over and over and over again, and I want to make sure I have one for my future baby to look through (though I'm not due until August, so I've got some time to get it done)

brie. said...

throw a 'moving party' - whenever someone in our group moves we all go over to the house/apartment and help pack and clean - it's super fun and it gets everything done - and people like helping - it's the church right?