Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sadie's Church Shower

Sunday after church, before Sadie's shower, I was so thankful to be able to meet one of my favorite friends for lunch. Laurie was in town so we met up at Pei Wei. I just love Laurie. She's one of a kind. Believe me, she is. She is one of the funniest friends I have but she's also so loyal and consistent. It made my day to be able to see her for a little while. I can't WAIT for her to meet Sadie. In fact, when I called her the night I got the "yes" test she said, " I want a framed picture of me holding Baby Bazyk in one arm and Baby Stamps in the other arm." She's definitely excited about the new babies especially since they are girls!

After lunch with Laurie I went back to the church to get ready for Sadie's church shower. Everything was so nice and yummy.


Yes I wore this pink sweater to my last shower and after looking at pictures I'm not sure. I would have been better in all black. I think it makes my face look bigger. Ha. Just kidding. My face just is big.

I made Josh come to the shower with me so he could help. Plus since he is on staff at our church I knew a lot of the people buying us gifts wanted to celebrate with him as well. Here he is watching all the ladies work and talk. He did get his very own gift so I think that helped the situation. It is actually Bringing Up Girls by James Dobson. I'm so glad he got that book. I've heard it is great!


The hostesses
Pam, Shannon, Me&Sadie, Teresa, Linda, and Martha (who teaches me how to sew)

Hard at work.

Shannon did a great job with the fruit. And you can't see the strawberries but they were HUGE and ripe and delicious.

Martha made her punch because I requested it. It is soooooooooo good.


Here is a shot of some of the guests early on. I wasn't able to take more pictures as other people arrived because I was busy opening presents.

Here's another shot of some of our friends. I am so thankful for everyone who came to the shower to celebrate Sadie. It was a lot of fun. Josh and I were blown away by the generosity of everyone. Everything we received was so practical. We got LOTS of diapers, night gowns, receiving blankets, onesies, etc. We got our high chair, bumbo, bath tub, gift cards, cash and so many other great things. We are beyond blessed. Here are some pictures of what she got. One of these gifts is from the last shower but the rest are from this shower. And just so you know this is my parent's dining room. And yes, that is Sadie's crib next to the dining room table. They are great to let me junk up their home.



You can't see it here but the dining room table has other gifts on it as well. They are everywhere.


See? I told you we were blessed. Thank you again and again to everyone!
I couldn't end this post without showing you one of my favorite gifts from my shower. As mentioned before my sewing teacher Martha helped hostess. To be honest I was really excited to see what she got for Sadie because I knew it would be something she made. I know how great she is and knew anything she made would be wonderful. Wonderful indeed.

A pink smocked dress. Oh my.

I love it and can't wait for her to wear it. Sadie has gotten some of the sweetest dresses and I'm so excited.

5 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, I love the pic of you and Laurie. I have always been so thankful Kelly has you two girls as her close friends! And now you girls all have girls!!! Isn't God good?

Your shower looked so sweet and that pink smocked dress is just the most precious thing EVER!

Josh is such a good sport!! You have a loving church!
Can't wait to see Miss Sadie!!
Blessings!

Laurie said...

Thank you for the kind words! I loved getting to see you and I need to get a frame now for my picture with the babies!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!
Loved the smocked pink dress.I am glad you got lots of great things.

pamk said...

Just a lurker checking in to say that little pink smocked dress is unbelievable! Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see Miss Sadie in it! And I have to say all of the girly wrapping bags are adorable, too! You are blessed to have such generous friends and family!

Diane said...

Awesome loot!!! YAY!!!!!

Fran said...

Oh how precious are these pictures!! You look beautiful and "joy" is written all over you.

Enjoy the last weeks. I'm so very excited for y'all!!!

((hugs)) and blessings,
Fran