Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hostess Gifts

When it came time to decide on gifts for my hostesses I had NO CLUE what to do. I thought I had great hostesses gifts for my wedding (monogrammed umbrellas....at the time they weren't popular yet) so I had a lot to live up to. I asked around and a lot of people suggested some good things. So here's what I came up with.

I painted sacks for the showers with an "S" for Sadie. :) In case you didn't know what it was for. And since her bedding is houndstooth I decided to use it in the wrapping. For my first shower I gave those hostesses two things.

Personalized stationary and enclosure cards that my friend Niki made.

I think they turned out so cute!

They also got a box of homemade turtles (thanks, mom!) with Sadie's monogram. They looked much cuter in person.
For my church shower I also painted sacks but I did white instead of green to change it up a bit.

They also got two things.

Scentsy room sprays. My friend Megan sells it so if you need anything check her out. She also JUST HAD SWEET ELI YESTERDAY so you should check out her blog. I'm so happy he is here. I've been waiting for him to get here for a long time. He's precious. Anyway, back to the hostess gifts...the room sprays smelled so good. Megan let me check out all of her scents and I chose 4, Spicy Grapefruit, Prima Cotton, Black Raspberry Vanilla (or something like that) and Coconut Lemongrass. I love them all.

They also got a box of turtles.
Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful showers!! I hope you liked your gifts. :)

5 comments:

Laurie said...

All of that is sooo cute and useful! Great ideas! You know I am never without my umbrella.

Jenna said...

Dang it! I knew I should have thrown you a shower! :-)

Great job!!!

Tricia Nae said...

cute stuff!!!

feedingmypickyeaters said...

Would it be possible to email me with the recipe for the turtles and how you did the monograms on the bags. I love following your blog.
Anita
www.feedingmypickyeaters.blogspot.com
anitarn13811@gmail.com

Tricia said...

The bags are so cute, as well as the monogram on the turtles. Did you make the monogram, as well as the S for the bags? Would love to know how. :)