Monday, March 21, 2011

Hippity Hoppity Easter's On It's Way

Can you believe that Easter is almost a month away? The thing that makes that so crazy is Sadie's due date is a week BEFORE Easter. Yikes. It's hard to believe it is just about that time. I'm really hoping and praying she makes her debut before Easter. First of all because I don't want to be that past due (especially since she's going to be a big baby) but also because I have a few Easter items for her.



I posted this on Facebook and Twitter yesterday but this is her Easter basket. I made the liner and talked my dad into spray painting the basket. I think it turned out really cute. It's not perfect and I'm glad you can't see up close but it will be just fine. Next time I will make the liner a little smaller because it's kind of bulky inside. I'm pretty sure when it is full of goodies no one will know. Speaking of goodies Josh and I bought her this a long time ago for her basket. It was the first thing (other than an "S" ornament) we bought her.
I have always loved frogs and I so I wanted her to have a few in her nursery. Other than this I'll probably just put a car seat toy in her basket and maybe some diapers and wipes. If she hasn't arrived by Easter I'm filling her basket with chocolate...for me.
Sadie has one other item for Easter that I hope she gets to wear.
This is her Easter outfit this year. Since she'll be too little to go to church so I decided just to get her some bunny ears. I hope it fits her head. :)

10 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

That is the sweetest little Easter hat. :)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! Sadie's Easter basket is precious! My little girl is due April 8th and I got those same little bunny ears/hat for her to wear for Easter too! :)

Jenna said...

Love the basket!!!! And that hat is beyond adorable. Like, way beyond. :-)

Ashley said...

I LOVE the Easter hat!! I cant wait to see her cute self in that!! : )

Diane said...

TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

That hat is so cute!!! Amelia has some ears for her basket too. :)

pamk said...

I hope Sadie is here in time to see her in those cute little bunny ears! You could just put her in one of those beautiful little dresses she got at your showers for her Easter picture, or will they be far too big? :-) Blessings on your last few weeks of pregnancy!

Ashley E. said...

I love that hat!!!

Ashley N said...

I would LOVE to know if you had a pattern or used a tutorial to make your basket liner. I have two girls, and I have bought pink baskets from hobby lobby to spray white and make liners for and I have had no luck finding a good tutorial for a round basket. Your liner is SO CUTE...great job!!

Lauren said...

Soooooooo cute!!!!!! :)