Monday, February 28, 2011

Sadie's First Shower

Sadie's first shower was this past Saturday. My besties from high school and a few of their moms hosted this shower for me. Only because I love Sadie would I even dream about posting a picture of myself where my face is as big as my belly. Oh. My. Word. Oh well, it's all worth it. I just keep having to tell myself that. Anyway, back to the shower.

Katie, Jenny, Me, Laura, and Sarah.
My friend Suzanne also helped hostess but she lives in NYC so she wasn't able to make it. We sure missed her.
My mom, Afton, Debbie, and Cheri.
The whole week leading up to this shower I thought a lot about Halita, my friend Laura's mom. She went to be with Jesus this past November and I really missed having her at my shower. Shortly before she passed away she sent me a message on Facebook letting me know she was excited that I was having a baby. I know she was and I know she would have loved to have been at the shower.

The decorations were really cute.

Afton's homemade cinnamon rolls. They are so yummy.

The wonderful cupcakes.

Food table. It was all really good.

Dianne, Jenny, and my mom

Heather, Holly, and Brenda

A shot of some more guests. I hate that I didn't get a picture of everyone there but when you're the one opening gifts, etc it's hard to take pictures too.

Sadie received lots of really great gifts. It was a perfect mix of practical and fun.




My hostesses got me my diaper bag and a sling. What a great gift!
I had a great time at the shower and was overwhelmed but every one's generosity. Josh and I are so thankful to everyone for all they have done for us and Sadie.
Friday night, before the shower, a friend dropped off a gift and I had to share it because it is so stinkin sweet.
Look at this adorable Feltman Bros dress. It's hard to tell in the picture but it's light pink. It came with bloomer and little socks. Oh I just love. I already have to occasions in mind for her to wear it. I can't wait.

8 comments:

Kelly’s Korner said...

Your shower was perfect and you look beautiful!!!

Heather said...

What a blessing all those friends, family, and wonderful gifts are!! You look beautiful and just glowing!! Those cupcakes look pretty delightful too!

Jenna said...

So fun! What a gorgeous shower for a gorgeous mama-to-be! Love it!!!!

Jill said...

You are blessed to have so many wonderful friends. Sadie is already so loved!! I love her already - I know that! :)

You look beautiful and so happy in that picture!

Donna said...

It looks like a simply elegant shower!! That Feltman Brothers dress is too adorable!! Won't it be fun to put a darling baby in it??

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Looks like you had a wonderful shower! I love the last picture you posted of the pale pink dress - it is absolutely precious!

Lauren said...

Such a sweet shower!!!!! :)

Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later said...

I love your sweater!! Where did you get it??