Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's Your Name??

When it came time to come up with a name for our baby Josh and I struggled a little. He rarely liked anything I said. It was either too weird or he knew someone with that name, blah, blah, blah. Well, my dad had no problem suggesting names. He's been giving me ideas before I was even pregnant. Most of the names I loved but Josh didn't. One day my dad called and said he had a new name picked out. He said we should name our little girl Sadie. Hmmm....I really liked that name. And I didn't know very many. I started saying it to Josh and eventually it grew on him too. Whew! We had a first name.

The middle name was easy! Lauren is my middle name and Josh has always loved it. He hated that I dropped it and kept Russell when we got married. And I love how Sadie Lauren sounds together.

I admit I was a little nervous announcing our baby's name. Not that it matters but I know not everyone will like it. It made me so happy to read the comments from all the people who love her name. It makes me love it even more! I find myself saying it every chance I get. And now she's no longer an "it" or "baby", she's Sadie!

And on a random note, before our ultrasound last week I asked several people at work if they thought we were having a boy or a girl. I said whoever was right I'd bring them a treat. Can you believe only two people said girl??? So I got them something special...

Sonic gift cards. Katie and Michelle love drinks from Sonic as much as Sadie and I do so it seemed like the best gift.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Love the story. I love the name too.
My middle name is Lauren. I definitely kept it instead of my last name.

Cyndi said...

Sonic Happy Hour is always a favorite time of day for me. Sadie is a very cute and girly name. I love that you wanted to pass your middle name to her as well. My mom and I have the same middle name as well. Have a great week.

Erin said...

I've read your blog for a while but have never commented, until now... Although I would LOVE to be, right now I am not yet married and do not yet have children, but I am a planner by nature and have already picked out my future children's names (barring that my husband likes them, of course. Haha!) I love family names, but was having a hard time with girl names because all I was finding in my family were Ethels and Mildreds! However, after my grandfather passed away last winter we were going through old family photos and I discovered that his mother, whose name was Sarah, went by Sadie. Right then and there Sadie trumped my previous #1 girl name! All that to say...I LOVE your sweet baby girl's name! Congrats!