Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Things I Never Bought Before

Since I found out I was pregnant there are a few things I've bought that I have never bought before. It's been a humbling experience on many levels.


First up is Tylenol. In my opinion I might as well take a sugar pill because Tylenol has never helped my headaches at all. But when those unannounced migraines (caused by hormones) strike you'll take anything. And Tylenol 3 isn't much better but it at least puts you to sleep.
Next up is Miralax. I won't go into detail because I imagine all of my blog readers are smart and can figure out why I would possibly need to buy this. Apparently this said problem is common among pregnant women. It's something no one warned me about ahead time. So for all you soon-to-be-pregnant women, consider yourself warned.





This product goes hand in hand with the Miralax. Miralax has side effects and this medicine helps those. PTL.


Ahhh...indigestion. You've been a bad friend to me. I've never had a problem with you before but now you visit me multiple times a day. Aren't you sweet?!?!


I should confess that I bought this because I burned my esophagus on some hot spaghetti. Nice going, Hillary. But being that pregnancy is known for heartburn, etc the healing process was definitely delayed. And I can tell this will come in handy later on as well.

Ok, so I've had sweetarts before but I never bought them in bulk like I do now. I always opted for chocolate candy but chocolate candy doesn't relieve the nausea. These beauties are my best friends right now. I have some close by at all times.



Coke has also become a new friend of mine. I hardly ever had any kind of a coke (I don't call them soda or pop and you shouldn't either) before I became pregnant. Now I love them. I don't want anything but coke. The only thing that makes a coke better is when Sonic adds a little cherry to it. Oh I could really go for one of those right now.
I'm sure as this pregnancy continues I'll have more "never bought" items. I'm eager to find out what those will be...

11 comments:

Laurie said...

I am with you on the TUMS! I ate about 10 a day with the girls.

Diane said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy... ha ha. Cute list.

Jennifer said...

You are too funny, but you are right, those are all things that we "have" to have while we are pregnant!

Katie said...

I'll have coke ready for you at Zach's party!

Jill said...

Pregnancy is just humiliating on so many levels, really.

And I totally say soda! No clue why, but always have. Ha!

Megan said...

Oh yes the Tum's and Miralax! We could have many conversations bout those issues, but I don't think we would want to! :-)

Ashley said...

Haha I love your list! I definitely eat the tums every day. And I haven't bought the Gas-X yet, but for the sake of those around me, I probably should! Haha I can't believe you and the SweetTarts, though. I never once craved those and still don't really prefer them during my pregnancy!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Tums are seriously my best friend! And I am with you on the Tylenol, I didnt ever buy it before being pregnant.

Kristina--Therapy Tree said...

This is so funny to read! Tums, Check. Tylenol extra strength, check. Sweet tarts, check!! (thank you halloween candy for helping me realize how much us preggos need you)

Coke. check!

Amy said...

When I got heartburn with my first pregnancy, I didn't even know what it was. Oh, so naive. :)

God bless tums and coke (of all brands!). :)

Erica said...

I just found your blog, but oh my word I could have written that same list when I was pregnant! The Miralax made me laugh, so glad not to have that problem anymore, ha! And the Tums either, such a drag. Hope your pregnancy "symptoms" aren't too bad!