Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

I probably posted this recipe last year but since I have yet to label my posts I'm not sure if I did. Just in case I didn't I decided to post it. I can't take any credit for this recipe. Paula Deen has done it again with this yummy dessert. If you need to take something to a Thanksgiving dinner and you don't want to put a lot of effort in it this is the perfect option. Not to mention, it has 2 sticks of butter in it so you know it has to be good. I got this recipe and photo here but it's also listed below.



Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

Cake:

1 package yellow cake mix

1 egg

8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:

1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened

1 (15 oz) can pumpkin

3 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

8 tablespoons butter, melted

1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.

To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread the pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake 40-50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey (hence the ooey gooey).

Serve with fresh whipped cream.

I should say that I love the flavor of pumpkin but I don't really like pumpkin pie. This cake is the perfect solution. So yummy. Although I didn't cut them up and make them all fancy they were a big hit at work.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I saw this recipe on someone's website a few weeks and thought it looked good. I am definately going to make it now that I know a second person loves it!

Kaysie said...

Pretty sure I'll be making this for my office on Monday. Yum!!!

Odom Livin' said...

pretty sure i've made her strawberry ooey gooey butter cake and it was beyond delicious. i'm sure this one is as well!

Laurie said...

That looks heavenly!