Friday, November 5, 2010

The Big Day

Yesterday was such a fun day! I will tell you though the waiting was AWFUL! My ultrasound wasn't until 2:30. TWO THIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!! Torture is what it was. I had planned to leave work around 2:00 but at 12:00 I knew there was no way I could sit there. I asked my boss if I could leave early so I could get a few things done before hand. When I left work I met up with Jill for a second because she needed to give me something.

How cute is this?? GUESS WHAT WAS INSIDE?

Homemade chocolate chip cookies. They made my day. Seriously. When I received these I knew it was going to be a great afternoon.

After I met up with Jill I went and got a coke, for the baby, and ran another errand then met up with Josh at the apartment. We soon headed to our appointment. I was soooooooooo nervous. I just wanted everything to be ok with our baby. I had no reason to think it wouldn't be but I was still nervous. On the way there I asked Josh what he thought it was. He said, "Girl". I told him I think it is too. When we arrived at the clinic I was so glad we didn't have to wait too long.

Josh read for a few minutes while I filled out paperwork. Then it was time to go back. This ultrasound was done at Baby Views. We elected to have this done because the big ultrasound with my doctor is still weeks away. Of course we wanted to find out the sex early but we also wanted to have a good thorough look at our baby. Shea Foster, the tech, is WONDERFUL! I was hesitant about spending the money (you all know how cheap I am) but from the first few minutes we were there I knew it was money well spent. She went over everything. She looked at her spine, her stomach, bladder, her feet, fingers, she measured her head, the skin behind her neck, everything. And while she did all of this she explained exactly what she was looking for. She didn't tell us if our baby was a boy or a girl well into the ultrasound. Apparently our sweet little baby wasn't wanting to flip around to get a good view. She was moving and pushing her legs like crazy though. Then very nonchalantly Shea said, "you're having a girl." I think I stopped breathing for a second. Here we are, watching our healthy little baby move all over the place, and then we're told its a girl. It took all I had not lose it on the table. I was just so overjoyed. I would have been perfectly fine with a healthy baby boy but the last few weeks I felt that I really wanted a girl. It was such a relief at the end of the ultrasound to hear her tell us that she looks perfect. The only "issue" which isn't really an issue is that she is sitting very low! In fact she's as low as she can possibly get. And she's BFF with my bladder (which is why I still get up multiple times during the night). The only problem this causes is back pain. I told Shea as long as I know she's healthy I don't care how bad it hurts. It's amazing how seeing Sadie move all around and knowing she's healthy that puts all the nausea and pain in perspective.
Ok...moving on...after the appointment I called my mom and told her we'd be there to her house in 20 minutes. I had to go home and get their "gift" ready. Since we didn't know if it was a boy or girl I didn't want to put two gifts together. At this time I had already sent out a text to a few very anxious friends so the texts were already coming back which made me even more excited. When we were all set with the gift I called my dad to make sure he was headed home. I told my mom I wouldn't tell her until they were both there. We both arrived at their house around the same time.
I wanted to tell my parents some other way than just coming out and saying it. My friend Todd
offered to design me some cards (the one I posted yesterday). He made one with our girl name and one with our boy name. I was going to just put the card in an envelope and give it to them. Then I thought that was way too easy. So here's house it went....
Mom and Dad with their gift

When they opened up the sack there was a wrapped present.

Inside the box was an envelope.

Inside that envelope was another envelope.

Inside the envelope was the card! I love this picture. They were both so excited! They wanted a healthy baby too but they both wanted a girl as well. In fact my dad had a dream I had a girl before he even knew I was pregnant (although I was pregnant when he had the dream) so he was convinced that's what we were having. Needless to say they are thrilled!
After the reveal we all told everyone we knew. Ha. Then mom and dad went to run a few errands and so did Josh and I. We then met back up at their house, ate dinner, and watched a DVD of the ultrasound. It was great! I'm so glad my parents got to see Sadie in action.
I want to thank you all for the sweet comments, tweets, facebook posts, and e-mails. It's been so much fun hearing from all of you. Yesterday afternoon and evening I just kept thanking the Lord for a healthy baby girl that I do not deserve. I feel so unworthy to be her momma. I trust the Lord will guide through this entire process of parenting. It's already overwhelming and I haven't done anything yet. :) Thanks again! You all are the best!

13 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Your parents' faces are priceless! Love it!

The Rohman Family said...

Well, actually, you've already done quite a bit for that sweet little Sadie! Love that name! Congrats on a healthy baby. Praise God!

Lexie said...

YEA! A little girl. How precious. Congrats!

Jill said...

I am CRYING!! That last pic of your parents sent me over the edge. You can tell how excited they were to find out! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to meet Sadie. :)

Katie said...

You're a wonderful mama to Sadie. I'm SO EXCITED, Hillary! I love that you are going to be a mom.

Ashley E. said...

I LOVE Shea! She did our gender ultrasound b/c I also couldn't wait for the doctor's. Haha! She is so good and you should go back for the 4d! It's so cool!

Laurie said...

Ohhh I just love this post. I LOVE that picture of your parents when they found out!

Sonya said...

Those cookies look delicious! What a fun way to tell your parents!

Lauren said...

I am just thrilled for you and your family. Love the look on your parents' faces!!!!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Little girls are the best and I LOVE the name Sadie. Those cookies look so delicious! Enjoy this special time preparing for your baby girl.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! It is so nice to have an ultrasound where the tech really knows what they're doing and talks while they're doing it. Love the name and those cookies look yummy! What a great friend!

Tiffany Lockette said...

So very happy for you guys! Little girls are the best. I am thinking I would love to have another little girl myself but I will be happy with a healthy baby boy or baby girl! Congratulations

Lynn said...

Awwww ... love the "reveal" and your parents' expressions!! How sweet!! Praise the Lord Sadie is a healthy baby!! You are worthy, that's why God has entrusted you and your husband with this miracle of life! =)