Monday, October 11, 2010

Birthday Weekend

As you know Josh turned 30 this past Saturday. My parents were going to be out of town so they sent Josh's gift with me early. Thursday night I talked him into opening it.

If you'll notice the bag is a baby gift sack. My parents received their first grandparent gift in it and its the only bag my mom had. Oh well, it's what's inside that counts. The bag contained several gifts but Josh's favorite was this...
...Shampoo. There's a story behind it so I'll tell you. When Josh and I were staying at my parent's house to keep Chloe (the dog) one weekend Josh used my mom's shampoo when he took a shower. Apparently he had the best hair day ever and decided he had to have some. He was so happy when he opened his gift and found this on the bottom. I must say I'm happy too. I'm hoping he'll let me use it.

*****
Friday after work we headed to see Josh's mom so he could spend some of his birthday with family. We met her for dinner and then a trip to Walmart. Good times. :) After that we spent the evening catching up. Saturday morning we woke up and did the same thing. Josh had his Saturday morning coffee in a special mug. I didn't realize what it said until later and he told me he picked that one on purpose. I bet you can guess why...

I had to take a picture of it.

It was great to spend some time with Josh's mom and sister. We don't get to see them often enough.
After we left his mom's house we headed back to Little Rock. Once in town Josh begged me to let him stop and get a drink.

Ok, so maybe I suggested (urged) him to stop. It was Happy Hour and for whatever reason I am loving Sonic cherry cokes right now. If you'll notice there are 3 drinks for just the two of us. It's because lately I've been getting a medium cherry coke and a large water to chase it with. I feel like the water washes all the calories out.
The afternoon was spent watching the Hogs play an UGLY game against Texas A&M. We won, thank goodness, but it should have turned out a LOT better than that. Once the game was finally over we headed to dinner. Josh didn't want to go anywhere fancy so he chose one of our favorite spots, Casa Manana. He told me as we were going in that if "our favorite waiter" had our table then he wanted his picture with him. I'm sad to say we don't know his name but we love him. And wouldn't you know, "our favorite waiter" did wait on us.

He's always so cheerful and we just love going in there when he's there.
After dinner we came back and had some dessert. When I asked Josh what dessert he wanted for his birthday he said he wanted peanut butter brownies. SCORE! I knew I could handle those because they are insanely easy, and delicious. Here's the "recipe":

Make the brownies according to the directions on the box.

Pour half the batter into a pan and top with the candy bars.

Cover with the remaining batter.

Viola!

Add some yummy vanilla ice cream and you're all set. What a great ending to a great day.
*****
On Sunday I talked Josh into going to Mimi's for lunch so we could use his birthday coupon. I hated to waste it. I mean, really?!?!? So we did. It was so good. When our food arrived Josh asked me to take pictures of it before he started in. He's been married to a blogger for a while now so he knows that food pictures are just part of it. I was so proud.
This actually wasn't what I ordered but I ate it anyway.

Josh's looked so good. I wanted to trade. He didn't.

Ahhhh....a great weekend! I wish I could have taking a couple of naps but there's always next weekend.

7 comments:

Tricia Nae said...

This post makes me hungry!! LOL. and i LOVE the water chaser theory!!! I wonder if that works with fruit after pizza or something like that?

Lauren said...

Sounds like a GREAT Weekend. The brownies look delish!!!! And wonderful that Josh knows your blogger heart so well :)

Meredith said...

Yummy brownie idea!

Heather said...

Happy birthday to your man! What a great weekend, all that food is making me hungry!! It looks delish!!

Rebekah said...

Happy 30th, Josh! It is not so bad! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Jill said...

Those brownies sound/look so good!! I've never had those. Did you chase them with a water? I bet it works with brownies too! You're a genius.

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. :)

Dan and Cheri Rolett said...

They look great! I can't wait to try out the recipe.
What names have you picked out or are you telling?
Cheri Rolett