Monday was my 12 week appointment. As always I was VERY nervous before hand. It's weird though because once they call my name back my nerves usually go away. Josh went with me for this appointment because we knew we'd hear the heartbeat and at our last appointment she said she'd do another ultrasound "just for fun." I was concerned though that when the time came she wouldn't remember about the US. There wasn't really a need for it other than we couldn't really get a good picture the last time because the baby was so small.
When my doctor came into the exam room we pretty much immediately went for the heartbeat. It took her a while to find it so I was a little nervous. Once she did though it was amazing. There's nothing like hearing that sound. Wow. She let us listen for a while and then she seemed to be dismissing us. I quickly spoke up and reminded her that she said we could take a peek at baby. She didn't even hesitate so we all headed back to the US room. Have I mentioned that I love my doctor? :)
When the ultrasound began it didn't take long to see the baby...a very active baby. Oh. My. Word. This child was so funny. It would not sit still. It was moving and a shaking. At one point it stuck out its little booty (we could tell because we could see the spine). Josh and I had the best time watching it move its arms and legs. It even did a little push up. :) I'm so amazed at how developed this baby is at 12 weeks. TWELVE WEEKS!! I think everyone woman should be required by law to have an US and see the baby before she opts for an abortion. I won't get off on that right now because I have a feeling there's a separate post coming for that. So for now, back to the appointment.
Josh and I loved getting to see our little baby and all the activity going on. At one point the Dr. said, "You're in for it" because if the baby was this active in the womb there's no telling how it will be once we bring it home. Our doctor took some close up pictures so I thought I'd share them. To most of you they won't look like much of anything. Plus I was running short on time and couldn't add an arrows to point out the parts.
The Alien Face
- I started getting "morning sickness" around 6 weeks. I would be really nauseous but never throw up. It started out being mid morning and early evening then it quickly progressed to 24/7. I have zofran for the days and phenegran for night. Last week was so bad that nothing helped. I was so sick all day long. At our appointment I told my doctor it was probably motion sickness from the baby moving so much. Luckily though the last two days have been better. I don't think it's completely over but I think I can make it.
- My friend Jenny told me that when I was pregnant I would stop liking the things I love. I told her I could never not like cupcakes. Well, wouldn't ya know, I don't like them. I've eaten them a couple times out of denial but every time they make me sick. And now the thought of one grosses me out. Another sad food aversion...Chick-fil-A. *GASP* I know. It's awful but I DO NOT LIKE IT! The thought of it makes me gag. I can't wait to have it again one day.
- I'm all about pizza. I could eat it every meal. I don't know what it is about it. Oh and the only kind I really want is pepperoni or just cheese. I don't want anything else.
- Demons have possessed my digestive system. I won't go into details except to say that every part of the digestion systems has been tampered with and doesn't work properly.
- I can't stand water! I used to only drink water but now in order for me to drink it it has to be super cold and even then I don't like it.
- I got to the bathroom about 4 times during the night. I can't sleep well at all because of it.
- I dream CRAZY things but I can't ever remember them when I wake up. Its throughout the day that I'll remember parts of them and they are weird.
- Just this week my allergies and stuffy nose have really kicked into high gear. All of a sudden in the middle of the day I can't breathe. Then it will be fine then it will stop up again soon. Weird.
- I'm having a hard time sleeping on my side. I have a big pillow I use to help but I always wake up on my stomach or back. At least I'm up a lot going to the bathroom so I can adjust.
That's about all of the craziness I can think of for now. I will add more if anything comes to me. I'm just so thankful that right now everything is just fine. This baby is such a blessing to me. Even though it makes me sick and does weird things to my body I wouldn't change a thing. I'm blessed. I don't deserve it but I'm thankful.