Thursday, July 29, 2010

Orange Beach 2010 Part 2

Monday, July 26, 2010


Monday morning we woke up and headed to breakfast at one of our favorite spots. As we were getting in the car I couldn't help but notice the great view from the parking space.



How great is this?!?!



Tacky Jacks is one of our favorite places to go. We go there at least once every trip we take. This year is even more special because they are celebrating 30 years. Uh hello!?! Me too...and Josh! Happy 30th to everyone!


Checking out the menu although we all knew what we wanted to order before we even arrived.



We are both still a little tired!


Smile!


Great views when you eat outside.


Even when we're out of town Josh still gives me flowers. He's so sweet.


Pancake anyone? It's big enough to share.


Josh had fun with Jack the bird.


Love a good rocking chair especially when it overlooks the ocean.


Daily beach picture. We are ready to go!



Dad is ready to go.


Court is ready to go.


Mom and Josh are ready to go.



Once we got down there it was obvious we'd need lots of these. Refreshing.



Josh and I sat by the water for a while then parked it under the tent. I had a feeling my legs were getting too much so and I would find out late just how right I was.



Mom and Dad enjoyed some time in the sun. It's so nice sitting right next to the water.



Afternoon view. So pretty. I love it here...if you can't tell.



Dad and Court just chilling. Since we had a big breakfast we opted to eat in. Josh needed to go get a book though and I needed some sun burn relief and dessert so he and I headed out for a bit.

Ooooo....

...la la!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010


It was very obvious that Tuesday it would be in my best interest to stay out of the sun for the day. My legs (in places) were on fire! I still don't really know why they got so burned. I had the same SPF all over. I have a feeling it has to do with having my legs in the water most of the time. Anyway, I didn't mind staying inside though. We started out our morning with a little treat.




Beignets. Yum.



Mom and Dad ate theirs at the breakfast table with the great views. Mom loved sitting here.

Just relaxing. Dad reading the paper and Josh reading a People magazine that was left in the condo. :)



Mom slicing up peaches. Court working a puzzle.

Mom and Dad soon went to the beach while the rest of us stayed inside.


We worked puzzles.

I cut out pattern pieces.




Josh did homework.



Courtney read.



Josh made him a bracelet.

I aloed up and read.


Once mom and dad had enough sun we all got ready to head out on the town. While we waited on mom to get ready dad picked a classic to watch on TV...Little House on the Prairie.

Dad is explainging LHOTP to Josh. Dad's quote at this moment, "Mary, she's blind."




Heading to dinner.

We wanted something light for dinner so we went to Lamerbert's. Ha, light, yeah right!!





Roll with apple butter. Delicious.


Dad with a ham?!? hanging over his head.


Throw them rolls.

Josh really enjoyed his rolls.

After dinner we needed to walk a little so we went to another of our favorite places.



Good times.

When we came home there was a weird looking thing in the ocean. It's like a boat on 3 poles. Anyone know what this is??

And of course, even though dinner was very filling, I couldn't end the day without a dessert (this MUST stop after vacation).

Peach Shortcake with FRESH peaches. Glory.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

I love how you and Josh are representing Arkansas!!! And LOVE that Karen Kingsbury book!!! The water is so beautiful there!!!!! :)

Ashley said...

Looks like you are having the best trip. The weather looks beautiful and you are making me crave dessert! Keep that sunscreen and aloe on your legs-yikes!

Betsy said...

Aaahhhhh...the relaxation continues! It sounds so wonderful. And that peach dessert looks a-mazing!! Yummmm. :)

Kelly said...

Oh - your recap is making me miss OB/GS!!! I'm glad ya'll are having such a good time!

Anonymous said...

I am loving your Detailed vacation reports!! And I'm so glad to see the red monogrammed bag useful! Your poor legs!! OUCH! Although it does look like a cool swirl the way you were sitting!

Jill said...

This makes me wish that my vacay was tomorrow!! Looks like you've had a wonderful time. Love the pics!!

And the comment about your Dad explaining LHOTP made me LOL!

Amanda said...

We were in Perdido earlier this summer. After much family discussion as we sat for hours on the beach, we decided the boat on stilts is a fueling station for the boats helping with the oil. I have NO idea if this is correct but we decided to just go with that theory! Looks like you're having a great time.

The Conway's said...

I had no idea that they had Lambert's in places other than Missouri. Lambert's is about 20 minutes from my home town....yum! Love the rolls!
Your trip looks so fun! Thanks for sharing