Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Sewing

This past weekend was wonderful!! Josh and I went on a date Friday night...dinner, Maggie Moo's, a redbox movie, perfect! Saturday we got up and went to the gym. It's a miracle to get me to the gym on a Saturday (or any day, really) so that was nice. Then we got groceries and spent the rest of the day at home. Josh did homework and I sat at the sewing machine. Last week I had shown a lady I work with some fabric I was going to use to make a dress for Harper and she loved it! She asked if I would make one for her to send as a baby gift. So on Saturday I sat down and made her one. I love how these dresses turned out. Harper's looks just like this but its a few sizes bigger.

Since then I've had several other people requesting I make dresses for them as well. So although I don't have an etsy shop or a store website I do take custom orders on the things I make. In the near future I'll have a button/link put on my blog but in the mean time you can e-mail if you have any questions or see something you'd like. My e-mail address is in my profile.

The rest of our weekend was wonderful and may or may not have included a snow cone...with cream. Now it's back to work this week. I need a vacation!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

The dress is ADORABLE!!!

Erica said...

Adorable! Do you use a pattern or is it just your own creativeness? I miss sewing, hard to find the time!

Laurie said...

Very cute!!

Kristi said...

That dress is soooo cute! Do you follow a pattern? I am asking for a sewing machine for Christmas or buying one with my first real world paycheck!!

Joyce said...

Hillary you are really making some cute things! Who knew you were so talented? Taylor sent me a picture of the shirt you sent Grace, can't wait to see it in person.

Keep up the great work!

Tara G. said...

That is darling! I've never heard of a snow cone with cream!

Angie said...

so cute! what are your prices...i love laurie and kellys blog!

Heather said...

Love it!! I seriously would love to buy something from you!!! you have got such talent girl!

The Bullington's said...

I stumbled across your blog while reading Kellys blog. I am actually thinking about getting into sewing myself and was just wondering what kind of sewing/emboridery machine you use?

Heather said...

This dress is adorable! Do you sale them? If so, where can I put my order in at?! :)

The Fab 5 said...

Ok so I just saw the adorable dress you made Harper on her momma's blog and hopped over to see if you sell any of the beautiful creations you make?? Do you advertise anywhere I would love a cute outfit for my little girl!! Feel free to leave a comment on my blog to let me know if there is anyway I could get my hands on one of this adorable dress!!