Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Wonder of It All

Well, I'm back in Little Rock after my time in Fayetteville. Reese's service was perfect. And I mean perfect. The music, the slide show, the eulogy given by her mommy. Amazing. I've always known my friend Katie was strong but I don't think I ever knew just how much until having seen her stand up and speak for her daughter. Words can't describe it. And sweet Reese looked like a little angel. I was so nervous walking up to her casket but I'll never forget the moment I laid eyes on her. A moment I will treasure forever! Please keep Katie and Jason in your prayers. Now that people are gone, and life is attempting to return to "normal" I know they are going to need God's strength to make it through. Tomorrow is the day that Reese was supposed to arrive so I imagine it will be a difficult day. God is showing himself in so many amazing ways!

On a MUCH lighter note...check out my background. What happened to the cute polka dots? I really would like to have them back. If you see them around somewhere will you send them home? Thanks!!

7 comments:

TriciaNae said...

what? you don't love the bright blue and red warning sign from photobucket? LOL sorry girl...it should be fixed soon!!

Kelly said...

Katie is simply AMAZING! I'm in awe of her. And praying for her constantly.
And I am sad for the reason - but so glad I could see you last week. It was a big lift to my spirits!

Kelly said...

P.S. Harper loved seeing you too even if she was screaming and crying when you saw her. I hope she is not still acting like that when Kindergarten rolls around.

Katie said...

I love you.

Joyce said...

I'm very glad that you were able to come up and be with Katie and Jason during this sad time in their lives. I know it was good for them as well.

Laurie said...

Katie is wonderful and I am going to be praying for her for a while.
Emily calls them polka pots.

Lauren said...

Continuing to lift up Katie and family in prayers as I know it will be a rough road ahead!!