Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back With Bullets

I'm alive! And things are well. Here's what's been going on:

  • I think I'm in the clear with my teeth. I have appointment next week to confirm that. If all is well I can to move on from the surgeon and on to the dentist.
  • Josh and I are moving!! Well, we're staying in Little Rock but moving out of my parents house. We've decided to get a teeny little apartment for the time being so we can continue to do as Dave Ramsey would have us to do. We're getting closer to Financial Peace but not quite there yet.
  • Since we're moving we have decided to empty our storage unit. Since I had a house when I lived in NWA and now will be living in an apartment we have lots more furniture than we need. So, since my sister just bought a house we decided to let her use/have some of our furniture. Why do you care? Because that's part of what has kept me from the blog. We spent a lot of free time going through the storage and hauling it two hours away to her new home.
  • Now in our free time Josh and I get to go through boxes to try to get enough stuff together for the yard sale we're having Sept 12th! Again, the goal is to purge ourselves of things we don't need so we can make some money. When you have stuff EVERYWHERE its kind of hard to go through it all. We're working on it.
  • During all the madness we got to take a vacation with my family to Orange Beach, AL. I've grown up going to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach so it feels like home. I love it there! It was a wonderful week.
  • Work has been nuts! Our yearly exam (audit) starts Monday so I've spent a lot of time and energy trying to get ready for that. I'll be ready for it to be over!
  • Since I'm new to being a minister's wife I've been unsure about how to do our taxes. Let me clarify, I don't actually do them, I'm not that smart, but I had been unsure of what we need to deduct, what receipts to keep, how to count Josh's tuition, etc. So we've been working hard on trying to get that situated. For all you minister's wives, you know how crazy it can be. It stresses me out to think about it!
  • Lately I've also had the opportunity to help plan a baby shower for my dear friend Laura who is having a little boy in November. As with all babies, he is a little miracle. The shower just happens to be at my parents house. Remember, Josh and I still live here, we have boxes everywhere, etc. So it's been fun trying to get that organized. It's a good though because without a deadline I'd go nuts.
  • Josh and I are quickly approaching our one year anniversary! WOW!!! I can't believe it. Sometimes I just think to myself, "I can't believe I'm married." Seriously, I always thought I'd be the one that didn't get married. Not because I didn't want to. Oh, quite the opposite. I wanted it so bad and just sat on the sidelines while all of my friends got married. It was one of the hardest seasons of my life. I guess I simply didn't believe God enough to give me the desire of my heart. I'm so thankful God was faithful even when I was faithless. He gave me Josh and I'm blessed!
  • FOOTBALL SEASON IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!! Woooohoooo!!!! I'm so excited! In fact, the first game I'll be going to in Fayetteville will be on our actual anniversary, September 19th. OK, so J and I chose to watch the hogs play Georgia (which I happen to love Georgia. next to the hogs they are my fav) instead of doing something romantic. We'll celebrate the victory over the dogs with year old wedding cake.
  • Another fun tidbit is that my friend Katie is going to have Reese very soon! I can't wait to make a trip in a few weeks to go see her!! And I hope to see some of my other favorite girls when I go.
  • OK...that should have you caught up! I better go get ready. Josh and I are going to Magic Springs today with our youth. Should be fun..and hot!!!!
  • I'll be back with pictures of life's events...I hope.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

So great to see an update from you!!!!! Sounds like life is good but BUSY, haha!! :)

Kelly said...

HOLY COW you updated!!!! I'm so happy!
Yeay for your apartment! How exciting!!! I want to come visit!
I'm proud of you and Josh for being so smart with your money.....it will pay off!
Miss you!

Jenna said...

How exciting your see your name in bold in my google reader - I loved reading and catching up with what is going on with ya. Ya'll sound super busy - but sounds like a bunch of fun happening over there!

Megan said...

Wow, you're busy. I'm glad to hear what you've been up to.

Thomas and Jamie said...

Just popped over from Kelly's blog...nope, I don't know her...nope, I don't know you...haha! In fact, I'm in Texas. BUT...I wanted to encourage you with the Dave Ramsey thing...hubby and I are working VERY HARD to get ourselves out of debt on Baby Step #2 - Keep going...And know that you will no longer be slave to your lenders once you're done!! We Dave Ramsey followers have to encourage each other - I truly believe that! God bless!!

Candy Johnson said...

Hey, Hillary
We just found out about Jason and Katie, and I was wondering if you had any news. I hate this, but I didn't save your number, but I would love to know if there is any new news. I'm going to get Kyle's flight booked. Call or email if you have a chance. My email is candicejohnson.ar@gmail.com