Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Friends, Food, and Frogs

This past weekend my roommate Holly went with me to Little Rock. She had a job fair to attend (if any of you know of elementary school job openings in the area let me know) so we decided to make a weekend out of it. Friday night was pretty boring. Nothing real exciting to speak of. Saturday Holly went to her job fair and Josh and I went to a wedding. When we got back we had planned to grill out with my parents and invite Josh's friend Justin to join us. Here are some pictures of the meal preparations. I didn't bother changing the settings on my camera so the lighting isn't great.


Mom, Josh, and Holly did the cooking



Dad was in charge of the music.





And I took the pictures...like of this piece of okra.
After dinner the 4 of us went driving around then came back to my parents house for dessert. It was at this time Josh and Justin wanted to annoy the frogs in the back pond.
They used this gigantic weather flashlight my mom bought for storms. It's quite funny!


They caught one.



It was pretty big but not as big as some of them.

I like his curly-q.
We finished the night just hanging out! It was a great weekend!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR PARENTS HOUSE!!!!!! IS THAT A BIG CANVAS BEHIND YOUR DAD??????? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love your parents' house. It looks amazing.

Kelly said...

Yum - your weekend sounds great! Your parents are so cute and so is their house. It's even prettier in person!!!
I'm not sure about the frog gigging. ha!

Laurie said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I too LOVE your parents house!

Shannon said...

Ha...love the okra picture!

Jennifer said...

How fun! The frog story is funny!

Katie said...

I DO not like that frog curly-q! Sorry! ; ) Zach loves it though!

Fran said...

WE have a pond right behind our house and the frogs out there....oh my gosh...they are HUGE! They are so funny to listen to at night. I don't think I'll go try to catch one, but the kids sure love it!!!

Hope you have a good week. Keep that hope and trust in Him Hillary.
He's a detail kind of God! :)

Blessings,
Fran