Sunday, May 11, 2008

House Cleaning and a Faulty iPod

This weekend Josh came to Fayetteville again. We spent most of our time doing things around the house. I'm trying to get it ready to put on the market. I'll post more about that later. I changed the batteries in one of the 5 smoke alarms (Josh did the rest) but mostly spent my time cleaning baseboards and wiping off walls and doors. I also boxed up a few things that might seem like clutter.


Josh changed my air filter, replaced batteries, dusted the ceiling fans and walls, and cleaned the glass on all the high windows. He was such a big help.

On to another note...my iPod is "faulty." Last Wednesday when I decided I needed to get motivated to lose weight and shape up I figured the best way to do that was to get serious about going to the gym. I wanted to make sure my iPod was ready for our morning activity. I plugged it into my computer to sync and charge but it did not go as planned. This is the screen that I got.

At first I didn't think anything about it because it always says that. But then I noticed it wasn't charging (this picture shows a full charge but at the time it wasn't). Hmmm...that's odd. I opened up iTunes and that's when I got the message, "iTunes detects a faulty iPod." I tried ejecting it, nothing. I tried updating a newer version of iTunes, nothing. I tried everything and nothing! The only thing I knew to do was pray. I laid hands on it and prayed. You think I'm kidding but it is true. I really felt like my new attempts to get in shape were being challenged and I needed some encouragement. I called Josh and my mom and let them in on my frustration. My mom reminded me that my iPod was still covered under a service plan so I was glad to know that. As soon as we got off the phone I searched for the information and was successful.

For the mean time I let the battery run out (to get rid of the screen) and then charged it with the wall charger I bought at Wal-Mart. It works when I do that but when I hook it up to the computer I get the same message. Looks like some work is going to have to be done.

10 comments:

Meredith said...

Hey Hillary! I read your blog and love it! When I figure out how to add links I will add you! How are you? I havent seen you since Laurie's wedding! Congratulations on being engaged!
Meredith

Leigh Ann said...

Technical difficulties are a pain!!!

Kelly said...

Josh is so helpful!!! He will make a great husband! :-)
I'm sorry about your ipod. I hope it has a miraculous healing!

Shannon said...

I'm glad that your ipod at least let you charge it! Good that you found the service plan too!

ashleydiggs said...

Hillary! Just a bit of encouragement...that I got from the APPLE people :-S.

Hold the center button and the Play button down at the same time until your screen comes up with an apple on it. Supposively this resets it. I've only had to do it once and it worked then but no promises!!! Good luck.

magnoliabelle said...

Hi! I was going to suggest the same thing Ashley said. I have to do that to reset mine all the time...it never fails to work...good luck!

Lisa said...

Hey Hillary!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Hope things get up and running for you soon. Oh, I am SOOOO technologically challenged!

Lisa :)

Julie said...

I completely understand the frustrations with the ipod. I have to have fast paced music to work out with. I would be devastated if mine quit working.


Good Luck!!!

Caroline said...

oooooooo let us see pictures of you house!!!!!!!!!! what is the name of that color on your walls. brown something.......so great./ i love it

Heather said...

I don't know what generation IPOD you have, but I had a lot of trouble with my IPOD after I first got it. Try taking to the Apple store. Their version of the geek squad can run diagnostics on it. Otherwise, have you tried to do a hard re-set? That might help. I don't know what I would do without my IPOD!