Saturday, May 3, 2008

Blogging Blues

Friday night I surprised Josh by having dinner ready when he got to my house. It wasn't the fact I had dinner ready but the fact I actually cooked something. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook, but when I come home from work on Friday that is usually the last thing I want to do. My reasoning behind our dinner was because I already had all the ingredients and I wanted to eat something healthy. I made one of my favorite recipes, Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas.

I found the recipe last year on the internet. With the brown rice, whole wheat tortillas, and minimal oil, it's a very healthy meal. And to top it all off it's spicy! I added a side southwestern salad and it was just as delicious.

Saturday night my cooking wasn't as spectacular but it was still delicious!

Unfortunately I don't have a lot to report on from this weekend. Josh studied all day and I worked around the house and worked on our wedding website. Fortunately Josh finished his finals today and I'm almost finished with the website.

I feel that I should apologize for my lack of blogging lately. I've been really busy but not much is blog worthy. And a lot of the time I'm just too tired to figure out what to blog about. So if you have any ideas, send them my way!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Can't wait to see your wedding website! Miss you!

Kelly said...

That first meal looks delicious but the hot dog looks to me like chicken salad does to Laurie.
I love when you post! You are going to really have to step it up once you are married and live in LR. Once a week isn't going to cut it anymore. :-)

Megan L Hutchings said...

I can't wait to see your web-site!

Leigh Ann said...

I'm looking forward to your website! The Mexican dish looks delish! You know, you could always blog about what your wedding dress looks like...hee hee!

Caroline said...

I am so glad to get an update!!!!! soooooooo wedding website....ooooooooooo that is exciting!!!!!

Shannon said...

Those enchiladas always look yummy!!! I'm excited about the wedding website....just not about my picture until we get a good one!

Jennifer said...

Your enchiladas look yummy! I've printed that recipe to try! Thanks!

Can't wait to see your wedding website!

And Kelly's right, once you get married you'll have to post more! ROFL

Staci said...

Who doesn't love pictures of food?!?! Can't wait to see the wedding website!!

Julie said...

Enchiladas look scrumptious!!!! I ran into the same blogging blues sometimes too. I do something but I often wonder if others will find it blog worthy. :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

The funny thing is the hot dog looks SO good!