Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Registered

So sorry it has taken me a while to post! I hate to let my readers down (Caroline and Kelly) so here you go!
This weekend was the weekend to register! Let me just say for the record, I am NOT a fan of this process. I know for some it is so much fun but for me it wasn't fun at all. That's probably because I don't like making decisions about things that I may or may not have for years to come. It totally stressed me out and I had even done research on lots of products already. We didn't get around to everything but we sure wore ourselves out trying!

This is what Josh looked like a lot of the weekend.

He had fun with the gun.

I'm surprised I had a smile on my face after this exhausting day.

My dad and Josh found plenty to do to entertain themselves.



My parents graciously came with us to help lend some much needed opinions.

After a long day we went to Sam's. I love this place! Too bad I can't register there!

Josh bought me my first wedding gift. Isn't he sweet?

As far as the registry goes I still have a lot to get done but we got a good bit out of the way. We mainly focused on kitchen and dining. Here's a glimpse at some of the things I picked out:

Vera Wang Platinum Grosgrain




Kate Spade Larabee Dot Accent Plates

Vera Wang Classic Iced Tea Glasses



Lenox Continental

My everyday dinnerware gave me fits. I wanted something plain and something colorful so I registered for two sets.


Pottery Barn Emma (but I chose cereal bowls and mugs)

Misto Dinnerware...4 settings of each...colors are much more vibrant in person.

And being the nice fiance that I am, I let Josh register for a few things. He chose:

An Egg Plate

Microwave Bacon Grill

Tortilla Warmer

He also chose a microwave omelet thingy, and a hamburger patty maker!

20 comments:

Kelly said...

I love all the stuff you picked out!!!! It is so much fun to get wedding gifts!!!! I can't wait to throw your shower!!!!

Katie said...

YEA! I love it all! I know worked hard.

Rebekah said...

I love all of your dishes and glasses! Great choices! You will be happy with the classic white plate. That is something I went back and got a set of later. But yes...I agree...color is so much more fun! Josh did good and appreared to behave. Flint wanted to register for TV's and electronics. He did not understand why he couldn't! I am in Fayetteville during the weeks and am usually gone on the weekend...kind of like you! YES!!! We must get together! i will call you or text you!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful choices!! I love the Vera Wang items.........I didn't even know that she had patterns in dinnerware and glassware. I also love the idea of the color and white sets for everyday.

So what did you decide on linens and towels?

Leigh Ann said...

I'm glad you are back! I missed reading your blog! I loved seeing Josh holding your purse! Derek does that all the time, too. I love the place setting and stemware you picked out. So pretty.

Heather said...

The stuff you picked out is gorgeous!!! I especially love the colorful dishes. How cute!!

ashleydiggs said...

Looks like you've done a GREAT job so far! I know about it all being stressful. I'm pretty sure that Will and I got into more arguments while registering than we have the whole time we've been married! I hated making decisions and when I would ask for his opinion, he didn't care! Good Job Girl!

The Hickmans said...

It looks like you did good! Who knew dishes could be so cute?!

Shannon said...

I love everything you picked! You will love having 2 everyday dishes!! I hadn't planned on it but we use our colorful dishes everyday and the white for more special occasions. But when I registered I thought we would use the white ones everyday. :) It actually boils down to the fact that our colorful ones fit MUCH better in the dishwasher. :)

Robyn Beele said...

It looks like you picked out some great things. The white everyday dishes are the best. You can mix other dishes later and they will match wonderfully!

Caroline said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY FOR THE UPDATE!!!! ok so i am so so so excited that you posted pics of some of the things your reg for!!!! I love it all and can i just say that gold, red, green are my colors in my whole house and I love that you mixed and matched!!!!!!!

YOU DID GREAT GIRL!!!!!!

BTW-----OUR MOTHER'S JACKET IS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE...TELL HER THAT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

We totally have the same china pattern! I love it! It's so classic and elegant! You will LOVE it - plus, there are some really cute Christmas dishes that go with it!

Melissa said...

It is very stressfull!!!! I'm glad yall made it. I love all the stuff you picked out!

RachelM said...

So cute! Registering is a very tedious task!
I'm so impressed that Josh helped out! Kirk came once and I had to send him home because he went a little crazy with the gun at Bed Bath and Beyond!

Mrs. Shelton said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! I love registering! I let my husband register for some $600 flatscreen at Target! :) (Of course we didn't get it, but it kept him entertained while we were there!) I too got Kate Spade larabee accent plates. My everyday dishes are Tag from a local shop here, but I got 4 sets of 3 different colors! I love them! :)

Megan said...

Oh, what fun! I loved registering. I took Charlie to Target once, then did the rest with my Mom cause he just didn't really care. I guess he trusted me. Funny thing, while on that Target trip, Charlie picked out a bacon/meat tray, too!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I LOVE your china! And your stemware! I see a lovely table in your future!

magnoliabelle said...

I love the combo of your china...actually, I love everything you picked out!

P.S. I've tagged you for a meme:)

RRR said...

I am so glad you like the cupcakes! And monkeys! And as a bonus you are a Tri Delt too! Did you go to OBU? Anyway, I can't wait to see how your wedding goes, when is the date? I've had fun looking at what you have planned so far!! I'll have to check in since it looks like we are somewhat at the same stage!
Becca

Kristen said...

Hey there! I just happend to come across your blog and wanted to say that I'm loving the Vera Wang china! I went through the whole registery process a couple of years ago, and yes, it is very overwhelimg. You made some awesome selections..congrats! Best of luck with the rest of your planning!