Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Weekend Rewind

**Update: The MRI this morning went just fine. It isn't the most exciting thing I've ever done but hopefully the end result will be worth it. I what actually know the results until next week someone. The radiologist is supposed to get the results to my doctor either tomorrow afternoon or Monday sometime. From that point I'm not sure when I'll actually here from my own doctor. Thanks again for all you prayers! I REALLY wish I could get the test results by tomorrow afternoon sometime but I'm not going to get my hopes up!
Well, I'm finally getting around to posting about this last weekend. On Friday I left work early and headed to Little Rock. We didn't do much on Friday night because I had a headache most of the day. Fortunately when I woke up on Saturday it was gone. My mom and dad were going to go to the St. Patrick's Day parade to meet up with some people but decided not to.

Instead they decided to skip it so Josh and I decided to hang out with them for the day.

Our first stop was one of my favorite stores, Stein Mart! I'm so sad because they took the one our of Northwest Arkansas and even Fort Smith. Thank goodness the one in Little Rock lives on.
My mom and I tried on quite a few things while my dad and Josh waited on us.

I got two dresses that I love. One is for work and the other is for fun. I'll probably wear it to a wedding or some other fun event.

Josh even got a shirt too. I told him he could wear it to Razorback games.

Then we went to Dillard's and Bed Bath and Beyond to look at registry things. I had been really having trouble deciding between two china patterns. I loved them both so I wanted Josh and my parent's opinions. I think I've decided. When I know for sure I'll let you know.
While looking Josh came across a cool vegetable scrubber.

He liked it so much he bought me and my mom one. He's so sweet.

While at Bed Bath and Beyond we heard Etta James (on CD) singing her famous At Last so we danced a little in the store. Josh was embarrassed at first but I assured him he needed to dance with me. :)

That was pretty much our Saturday. Later that day Josh and I along with my mom went to Sam's. I love Sam's! I wish I had taken pictures of some of our fun but I didn't. Maybe next time.

Sunday after church I called my friends Jenny and Todd. They were still at the hospital. Jenny had given birth to Benjamin John a few days before and they were still waiting on the little guy to get released. Josh and I went by the hospital on our way home from church. OH MY! Benjamin is so cute! I instantly fell in love.

He had these Velcro patches on his head to hold his little glasses in place. The doctors were trying to get rid of his jaundice. I for one think they look adorable on him. He wears them well.

When Josh and I got back to my parents house after visiting this hospital guess what my dad was doing?

He's so funny! He's totally loving this wedding planning business. We call him Franc.
Ok, so there you have it! That's what I did last weekend.
P.S. My MRI is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) at 10:45 am.

14 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Let us know when you find something out. Those dresses are adorable and I love that you got Josh to dance with you in BB&B. :)

Kelly said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THOSE DRESSES YOU GOT!!!!!! I REALLY LOVE THE ONE ON THE RIGHT!!!! YOU WILL LOOK SO CUTE!!!
Your dad is so cute - he can quit banking and go into wedding planning!
I can't wait to see what all you have picked out for your registries.
And I'm praying for tomorrow. I hope you get VERY fast results!!!

Fran said...

Ok..love, love, love that dress on the right...too fun!!

And..what a weekend you had! You really do wear me out.

And...that baby boy is simply divine!

Finally...your dad cracks me up!

Fran said...

Ooops..forgot...I'm praying for you! I may be out of town...but, I can pray sista!! :) Got you covered at 10:45.

Melissa said...

How'd the MRI go???? I am praying for you right now, you are probably in the tube! My dad is completely into the wedding planning too, and gets upset when we don't include him!!! Cute dresses, I need to go check out Steinmart :)

Heather said...

Those dresses are very cute. Please let us know how the MRI went. I'm praying for you.

Caroline said...

I LOVE STEINMART..I LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT!!!!! YOUR DRESSES ARE WAY WAY WAY CUTE!!!!!!!I am laughing out loud about calling your dad Franc...i love that movie hahahahahhahahahhhhaa. I love the picture of you and Josh dancing!

oooo i just re-read....mri today, how did it go?

Megan said...

Cute dresses. I love Stein Mart, too. And little Ben is precious. Hope you're better.

Unknown said...

I love the dresses they are so cute!

Robyn Beele said...

I love the two dresses! Also dancing in the store- Too Cute!! Hope your MRI results are good.

Jennifer said...

Cute dresses! I wish we had a Stein Mart near us.

Praying for great MRI results.

Happy Easter~

Rebekah said...

Franc is cracking me up! I love your dresses, especially the "fun" one! I hope you are feeling better. I will keep on praying. Let me know how you are doing!

walkers said...

so cute. your dad is so darling. love those dresses, hottie mama!

Melissa Stover said...

i was just reading through your posts. it's kind of neat to to read kelly's blog and now yours since you both live in places i have visited so i recognize a lot of the scenery. especially little rock since i'm there all the time. but i don't shop at steinmart as much as i should. those were cute dresses.

your dad really cracks me up. i've never seen a dad so interested in wedding details.