Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sneak Peek

Well although it seems like there's been a lull in the wedding planning I assure you there hasn't. We were able to accomplish a lot of the big things right away and since then have been working on the details. Although I don't want to share ALL my details (still want an element of surprise on the big day) I will share a few!


A couple weekends ago my mom's friend (and the person that decorated her home) Cynthia came over to my parents house to helps us brainstorm.

I brought out my wedding binder full of all kinds of things I had taken out of magazines. We talked about the kind of feel I was going for and it didn't take Cynthia long to give us great ideas! One of the areas I want to save money is the flowers. I think I've mentioned that to you all before and fortunately we have some possibilities that won't require a lot of expensive flowers. Here's a sneak peak of a couple things that we're going to incorporate into the wedding.

This is a swatch of the fabric we're using at the reception.

This is one of many drink dispensers we purchased for the reception.
Ok, I know that still doesn't give you much to go on but at least it is something! As much as I am DYING to tell everyone all the details, etc I really want to keep a lot of it a surprise!
Other wedding news:
  • Next weekend we are going back to the wedding site to take more pictures and make sure we get a good visual for how things are going to play out.
  • We're also meeting with the person make our "cake." She's going to bring us some samples of things to try and to look at.
  • Getting the menu set for the reception.
  • Meeting with the person we hope to make the bouquets, etc.
  • Right now the save-the-date cards are being completed. I hope to mail those out next week at the latest. Thanks to my dad's assistant Laura for all her help with those! She's been awesome!
  • My parents went and listened to the band that is playing at our reception last week. They were great! I'm really excited! You can listen to them here.
  • We are going to listen to the person providing the music for the ceremony this weekend.
  • My bridesmaids are deciding which neckline they want and we are ordering those early next month. Which, by the way, in case you didn't know I have 7 bridesmaids
  • And of course, me trying to lose weight and shape up! Not easy to do when I keep going back to the doctor and hearing them tell me not to work out. Are you kidding people?!?!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a lot of stuff to do!!!!!
Your wedding is going to be so cute - I can't wait to see it all come together! I can't wait to decide what dress to get. I'm thinking one way - but I just won't know until I try them on. I wish I could work on getting real skinny for your wedding......but I'd must rather work on getting REAL big. ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I'm sure it'll be great, I can't wait to see pictures.

Caroline said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I LOVE THE MATERIAL!!!!! I DO, I DO, I DO. I am dying to know everything...especially the decor, but i will wait patiently for the photos!!!!!!! Sounds wonderful!!!

Caroline said...

ok, i had to come back and look again....is the material for the tables???? can you at least tell us that??????

Leigh Ann said...

I would love for someone to tell me I can't work out!!! You seem so on top of everything! I love the fabric. I can only imagine it's going to be a fantastic wedding!

Jennifer said...

The fabric is so cute!

I thought I'd share that we saved a ton on flowers for our wedding. I made them! I was very partial to real flowers but when I saw the price tag, I about fainted. It didn't hurt that I had a budget to maintain either. LOL So I made the bouquets for the entire wedding party, including for Mothers and pews! It was a lot of fun and very easy to do! I also love that I have my bouquet in my china hutch, as pristine as the day I got married!

Oh another tidbit/idea. Do you have a chef school or baking school nearby?? I had the privilage of having a student create the most beautiful ice sculpture that you could imagine...for FREE! Yep, free. All I had to do was to 'grade' his work. He received an A+~

Can't wait to see the ideas!

Megan said...

Oh the wedding planning is so fun (and stressful). I hope you can enjoy every mintue of it. You will really love those dispensers. That's what we used at our reception.

His Doorkeeper said...

Sounds like you are quite the organizer! It is good that you have some good help! Love the black/white material....give us a hint????Where will you use it????

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Love the drink dispensers!

You don't need to lose weight! You look great!

Jessica said...

LOVE the black and white ribbon!!!

Unknown said...

I NEED that drink dispenser for all the showers and parties I'm having - everything looks so cute!

Shannon said...

I actually thought about you when I made them since I know you like cupcakes now! I'm just like you...there is something about them I just love. I saw thouse in a cupcake cookbook I have.

Fran said...

You've got a lot going on but its all so exciting!! I loved going through all those motions back in the day!! Its such an exciting time!! Truly enjoy it. Enjoy!!!

Lots of love~
Fran

Unknown said...

I love the material very cute~I am in the middle of planning a friends wedding it can be very stressful just hang in there it is worth it!