Monday, January 21, 2008

Wonderful Weekend Whirlwind

It was quite the weekend for Josh and I. On Friday we went to Little Rock for an interview with a church. I can't share too many details at this point but we had a good time! Then on Saturday Josh and I, along with my parents and sister decided to head up to Mount Magazine to check out the wedding site.

Here's a picture of where the wedding ceremony will be.

After we looked around The Lodge we ate lunch at the restaurant there. It was really yummy!



Sunday was the crazy part of the weekend. It was Josh's Ordination Day.


I was so fortunate to have my parents and sister along with some of my best friends there for the big day.

Shannon, Laurie, and Kelly came down for the event along with Jason, Katie, and Zach!
Josh preached in the morning then we all went to lunch before the ordination service that afternoon.

Zach was a highlight of my day! He's so cute! I just love him!

Overall it was a great day! Josh and I were both exhausted when it was all over. I'm so proud of Josh! He was great all weekend and after yesterday its obvious he'll make a great pastor!

12 comments:

Megan said...

Mount Magazine-wow! I hear that new lodge is beautiful. I saw Suzanne on Saturday at our cousin's wedding shower and we talked about your engagement. She's very excited, but I'm sure you already knew that!

Leigh Ann said...

I have been to Mt. Magazine and it is beautiful, and the restaurant is good, too. What a beautiful place to get married! Congratulations on Josh's ordination!

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, you and Josh make such a handsome couple! You will both be a blessing to any church that God calls you to. We will pray for that clear calling and that God leads you right where He can use you!

Kelly said...

I can't wait for the wedding!!!!!! :-) It's going to be beautiful!!!!
And now it's my turn to say that that picture of me makes me look like I weigh 500 lbs. Maybe it's the lighting in the church. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Staci said...

What a beautiful spot for a wedding!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

What a wonderful weekend! And a beautiful wedding site! Congrats to Josh!

Caroline said...

HILLARY!!!!!!! it is so nice to meet you. I have been gone all weekend and was so excited to see your post on my blog!!!! THANK YOU for sharing your story with me. You were so encouraging to me and I am so thankful that you took the time to write me!!!! Congrats of your engagement!!!!! keep us all updated on the plans. I love the site and I am so excited that you are going to be a preachers wife. Hard job, so the Lord must really trust you!!!! I love reading your blog and your new braces!!!!

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love the wedding site... how fabulous :)

Megan said...

Hillary-I need your home address please.
purrfectmeg@aol.com

Jessica said...

Mt. Magazine is so pretty! We recently took a roadtrip to Queen Whilemena. Have you ever been there?

Fran said...

What a GREAT weekend!! I loved reading all this. And the pictures were beautiful! You are so blessed. This year will be fabulous! Eenjoy every bit of it.

Hugs and blessings~
Fran

Laurie said...

You and Josh will make a GREAT addition to any church! I was so happy to be there Sunday!