Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tooooomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll love ya Tomorrow...

Last night was the 3rd Broadway show in our series at The Walton Arts Center. I was thrilled when I found out last year that Annie was coming to town! I knew I had to be there! Prior to this one my friend Shannon and I went to Spelling Bee and Hairspray. I was excited about those but I was REALLY excited about Annie! It's a classic! And it certainly did not disappoint! I loved every second of it (well except the few unnecessary curse words...I mean really, it's Annie). It took every ounce of self control I had not to get up and join the cast in song and dance. OK, so I really wasn't tempted to run up there on stage but I was tempted to get up, sing along, and shake around from where I was sitting. Fortunately I refrained from that and all of the people sitting around me were spared. Oh and Sandy was sooooo cute! I want a dog like that! If you haven't seen this show I highly recommend it. And since General Mills was a sponsor we got free food on our way out. They had lots of snacks to choose from but Shannon and I chose...

BUGLES! Remember these? I used to always get these while waiting to get my hair done at "the beauty shop" when I was little. Like most of you, I'm sure, I enjoyed putting them on my finger tips and pretending I was a diva with long nails! Or sometimes a scary witch! Anyway, if you haven't had these in a while go get you some. The original flavor is still the best!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Annie!!! I saw it at the WAC once!!! And I also love bugles - don't know that I've had them in 20 years - but they sound good to me right now!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

How fun! I am there with ya on the bugles!

RachelM said...

I bet Annie was wonderful! The last play I saw at WAC was Mamma Mia! and I promised myself I would keep going to shows. I've got to start doing that!

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe that Bugles are still out there!! Thanks for sharing, Hillary! :-) I can't wait to go grab a box.

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Good luck @ JC! I do the same thing as you... I try to see how I am progressing through the week on the gym scale..but it's never the same. I weigh tomorrow--I think I need another week to "undo" the holiday damage!

As far as headers... I will make you one {for free, of course}! We Jenny girls have to stick together =) Email me what you like at fabulouskdesigns@yahoo.com

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Annie & Bugles...two great things! Lucky!

Fran said...

Now, that is a blast from the past!
Not Annie so much....but those bugles and the nails!!! LOVED IT!

I can come up with the smell right here sitting at the computer. Thats crazy isn't it??!!!