Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Doorstep Surprise!

Early this morning I stepped outside to see if by some chance the mail person had left me any mail yesterday. You see my mailbox was destroyed this weekend by someone who hit it and left (that's another story that I'll share later) so I had to put a stop on my mail. Unfortuntaely the stop didn't start unti l today. When I opened up the door this morning I didn't see any mail but I saw a green package with a card that said "Bride to be." I wish I would have taken a picture of it before I tore into it but I was so excited to see what was inside that I couldn't think to grab my camera... until afterwards. When I saw the handwriting I immediately knew it was from my friend Rebekah. I took it into my room and opened it up! I was sooo happy when I saw what was inside. It's the perfect gift! Thank you, Rebekah! I love it!

A thinline Bible with my soon-to-be last name!

10 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

That is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever seen!

Kelly said...

Oh - that is SO sweet!!!!!! I love how that name looks! :-)

Megan said...

Rebekah is a sweetie pie. I know what you mean about her handwriting-it's so neat and perfect!

Shannon said...

I love the color! It looks even better with that last name on it!!!

Staci said...

What a fun surprise!

Guy and Julie said...

What a wonderful first wedding gift!

His Doorkeeper said...

That is so sweet.Maybe the pastor who marries you could use your Bible during the ceremony. Then it would be even more precious!

RachelM said...

What a great friend! Isn't it so fun to see your new name written out???

Jessica said...

I can't beleive your poor mailbox!!I want to hear that story!

Jessica said...

I would love to meet up! I may be of NO help to you with your ideas, but I would love to see you in person! My friends all think I'm a "fruit basket", so we may be bosom buddies! Ha! : )