Sunday, December 23, 2007

Branson Bound

Saturday morning, EARLY, Josh and I got in the car and headed to Branson to spend the day with some of his family. Before we left I packed a bag for the car of "things to do" on the way.


I was so excited because I was going to be able to use my new bag...a Christmas present from my friend Kelly (she also got me a super cute necklace that I love). When we got to Josh's aunt and uncle's house we sat around and chit chatted then we ate a great breakfast. Afterwards Josh and I made plans to go to The Landing and then to meet back up with the group at Silver Dollar City to see the Christmas lights.


Here's a picture of Josh and I in front of the fountain at The Landing. It's a little light because of the glare off the water.

After we left The Landing we drove around a while (went to Target and got me some gloves and a scarf for later) and then met everyone at SDC. The weather was pretty good all day until we got out of our cars at SDC. It started to sprinkle a little but nothing much.

This is Josh and I on the trolley.

Once we made it to the park it started raining a little harder...and harder...and harder.

Josh took shelter on a rock under a tree.

Once we met up with part of the group we decided to wait for everyone else inside the bakery. Hallie, Josh's 5 year old cousin, was with us and she and I entertained ourselves with the camera.


Josh took this picture


I took this picture.


Hallie took this picture. Notice her glove over the lens.


Once we met up with the rest of the group we made our way through the park...in the pouring rain! Not only that but the temperature dropped about 20 degrees. We were cold and wet. We tried to stick it out but we couldn't. Half of the group stayed and half of the group let. I only took a couple of pictures on our way out. Oh well...there's always next year!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like such a fun day! (except for the cold and the rain). Too bad!
ha ha ha! I'm glad you like your bag!!!! :-)
Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Thanks for my phone call last night. I'm sorry I missed you. I just left in my purse while we were eating and hanging out. But I loved your song and that you called me! :-)

Fran said...

Hey hillary!
Christmas looks like it is off to a GREAT start. I got all caught up with the adorable baby boy...yes, he is the cutest thing ever....and those cupcakes...yes, he does know how to win your heart!
Even Branson looked beautiful...rain and all.

Have a wonderful Christmas eve and day! I can't believe its already here. I really do want to freeze time because I hate for it to end.

Christmas cheer to you~
Fran

Jessica said...

Your bag is soo cute! Kelly seems like a great friend. : ) It is always nice to have a friend who monoramms things! Ha ha ha!!

Yes, David loves Grapefruit!! At IHOP he salts his juice and it always makes people stare.


P.S. I'm going to add you to my blogroll, if that is okay.